lunes, 8 de octubre de 2018

Third Conditional

THIRD CONDITIONAL

The structure of the third conditional

If + past perfect, subject + would + have + verb in past participle

Remember that to do the participle we must take into account if the verb is regular (it will
be formed by adding the particle -ed at the end of the verb) or irregular (3rd column of the
list of irrefutable verbs).
 
Sometimes, instead of other modal verbs like could, might:
  • WOULD:If I had remembered it was your birthay, I would have bought you a present.
  • COULD:If I had saved my money, I could have gone on holiday.
  • MIGHT:If we had had time, we might have gone to the beach.
Another characteristic of conditionals is that the order of the two sentences can be changed. If we start with the condition (If) we will separate them by a comma. If we start with the phrase that expresses the result, it is not necessary to put the comma.

If I had known your reaction, I wouldn't have told you.
wouldn't have told you if I had known your reaction.

https://course.lewolang.com/upload/imatges/grammar/b1/17-04-es.jpg

If I had had famous parents, I would have had an amazing life.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Bienvenida

https://www.google.com.co/search?q=imagenes+de+welcome&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjauqO- sZfdAhWxpFkK...